Have you been searching high and low for a gluten-free chocolate cake with the perfect texture (fudgy, yet light and tender!), that is just like the cakes you loved before you had to give up gluten? Then you are in the right place! Are you looking for a gluten-free chocolate cake mix that is not only super-delicious, but that is also egg and dairy-free, then you are in the right place! It's a cake that everyone will love, whether they’re gluten-free or not?
Dairy & egg free
Want this shipped to you? Click here and we'll ship it.
Find recipes, click here
Ingredients: Cane sugar, sorghum flour, unmodified potato starch, white rice flour, Dutch Process cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, non-GMO cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt.
Chocolate Cake Mix Directions
1. Grease your pan well (makes one cake: 7 x 10, 7 x 11-inch, 8-inch round, or about 14-15 cupcakes). The baking times will vary depending on the size of your pan. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, add:
1 package Julie’s Original Chocolate Cake Mix
1 1/4 cups milk of choice
1/2 cup safflower, canola, or other light oil
2 teaspoons vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
3. Beat well until batter is smooth and whipped, about 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and top is firm to the touch. See below for baking times.
5. Let cool completely before frosting and eating.
Baking Times: About 40-50 minutes for cakes and 25 to 30 minutes for cupcakes. *If making cupcakes, don’t fill each cup more than 2/3 full.
*Baking times may vary *
Variations: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries or pitted cherries and reduce chocolate chips to 1/3 cup. For a mocha version, you can add 1/2 cup brewed coffee + 3/4 cup milk (don’t add any additional milk!). For a chocolate red wine version, add 1/2 cup red wine + 3/4 cup milk (again don’t add any additional milk!).